Saturday, August 17, 2013

One Busy Day!

Yes believe it or not it's me again! I have just uploaded my Creative Writing Tips 3 to YouTube (finally) Apologies for the delay but we've had the most amazing time away and I'm only getting re-acquainted with my broadband now, six weeks later! So yes I'm having a busy day. Kids I hear you ask? What kids? Ha, let's just say thank God for hubbies.
In Creative Writing Tips 3 I talk about character profiles. I've decided to put a rough draft of a character profile here in the hope that it will develop your characters. It is short but using the headings try to make your character profile as broad as possible. I'm sure there are other headings that I've missed out on so feel free to extend this. Happy Writing!!
     
                                    Character Profile

Character's name/s:
Nickname:

Character's Age:
Star sign:

Physical Description:
Hair color:
Hair Style:
Eye color:
Does s/he wear glasses? contacts?
Height:
Weight:

Physical disabilities
Distinguishing Marks

Family
What role have they in the family
Mother/father/siblings/extended family
If older is s/he in a relationship?
Have their own apartment/house/partner/car etc
Plan out a family tree (even a short one)

Home
Where do they live? Country/County/ village/ City
Somewhere fantastical


Employment
School/College/Job/retired/unemployed/unable to work

Religion
What religion if any are they?
How does this impeach on their lives?

Hobbies

Characteristics
Good and bad
Why have they these characteristics? Hereditary/Learned/Brought on from a specific event

Friends/Enemies
Type of people they hang around with. Why?
Why they have enemies?



No comments:

Post a Comment