Saturday, August 17, 2013

CONGRATULATIONS!

Children's Books Ireland are all highs and lows at the moment, or lows and highs to be more precise! On the one hand they are saying a heartbreaking goodbye to their AMAZING Director Mags Walsh but on the other they are welcoming the equally amazing Elaina O Neill as their new Director. I have the privilege of saying that I was Chairperson of Children's Book's Ireland when we employed Mags, initially as Programme Manager and later as Director. I have to say I think it was the best decision that Children's Books Ireland ever made. She was and still is an amazingly charismatic, friendly, outgoing, clever, brilliant, creative, hard-working director and manager. CBI has grown considerably under her care and management and that of her team. I wish her every success and good wish and know she will make as marvelous an impact in her next endeavor as she did in this! 
I have also had the pleasure to know and work with Elaina O Neill as she is the Managing Editor of Little Island, whom I am published with. I know that Elaina is an excellent choice for CBI's next stage. She is another amazingly talented, charismatic, hard-working and generally superb person. I have absolutely no concerns for the future of this great organization and I know it will grow and thrive in the capable hands of Elaina and her team. Well done to CBI on choosing such a worthy person to follow in Mag's footsteps. Wishing both Mags and Elaina every success and happiness in their new roles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment